- Platform Guides
- The Cordova Command-line Interface
- Command-Line Usage
- Privacy Guide
- Upgrading Guides
- Project Settings
- Plugin Development Guide
- Domain Whitelist Guide
- Embedding WebView
This object contains attributes of a single file.
- name: The name of the file. (DOMString)
- fullPath: The full path of the file including the file name. (DOMString)
- type: The mime type of the file. (DOMString)
- lastModifiedDate: The last time the file was modified. (Date)
- size: The size of the file in bytes. (long)
- slice: Select only a portion of the file to be read.
File object contains attributes of a single file. You can get
an instance of a
File object by calling a
- BlackBerry WebWorks (OS 5.0 and higher)
- Windows Phone 7 and 8
- Windows 8
Return a new
File object, for which
[FileReader](../filereader/filereader.html) returns only the
specified portion of the file. Negative values for
are measured from the end of the file. Indexes are positioned
relative to the current slice. (See the full example below.)
- start: The index of the first byte to read, inclusive.
- end: The index of the byte after the last one to read.
var slicedFile = file.slice(10, 30);
var slice1 = file.slice(100, 400); var slice2 = slice1.slice(20, 35); var slice3 = file.slice(120, 135); // slice2 and slice3 are equivalent.