- Getting Started Guides
- Command-Line Usage
- Privacy Guide
- Upgrading Guides
- Project Settings
- Plugin Development Guide
- Domain Whitelist Guide
- Embedding WebView
This object contains attributes of a single file.
- name: The name of the file. (DOMString)
- fullPath: The full path of the file including the file name. (DOMString)
- type: The mime type of the file. (DOMString)
- lastModifiedDate: The last time the file was modified. (Date)
- size: The size of the file in bytes. (long)
- slice: Select only a portion of the file to be read.
File object contains attributes of a single file. You can get an instance of a File object by calling the file method of a
- BlackBerry WebWorks (OS 5.0 and higher)
- Windows Phone 7 and 8
- Windows 8
Return a new File object, for which FileReader will return only the specified portion of the file. Negative values for start or end are measured from the end of the file. The indexes are always relative to the current slice (see the full example).
- start - The index of the first byte to read, inclusive.
- end - The index of the byte after the last one to read.
var slicedFile = file.slice(10, 30);
var slice1 = file.slice(100, 400); var slice2 = slice1.slice(20, 35); var slice3 = file.slice(120, 135); // slice2 and slice3 are equivalent.