Mediaobject provides the ability to record and play back audio files on a device.
var media = new Media(src, mediaSuccess, [mediaError], [mediaStatus]);
Note: The current implementation does not adhere to a W3C specification for media capture, and is provided for convenience only. A future implementation will adhere to the latest W3C specification and may deprecate the current APIs.
- src: A URI containing the audio content. (DOMString)
- mediaSuccess: (Optional) The callback that is invoked after a Media object has completed the current play/record or stop action. (Function)
- mediaError: (Optional) The callback that is invoked if there was an error. (Function)
- mediaStatus: (Optional) The callback that is invoked to indicate status changes. (Function)
- media.getCurrentPosition: Returns the current position within an audio file.
- media.getDuration: Returns the duration of an audio file.
- media.play: Start or resume playing audio file.
- media.pause: Pause playing audio file.
- media.release: Releases the underlying OS'es audio resources.
- media.seekTo: Moves the position within the audio file.
- media.startRecord: Start recording audio file.
- media.stopRecord: Stop recording audio file.
- media.stop: Stop playing audio file.
Additional ReadOnly Parameters
- __position_: The position within the audio playback in seconds. Not automatically updated during play, call getCurrentPosition to update.
- __duration_: The duration of the media in seconds.
- Windows Phone 7 ( Mango )