This version of the documentation is outdated! Click here for the latest released version.
Provides access to the audio, image, and video capture capabilities of the device.
The capture object is assigned to the navigator.device object, and therefore has global scope.
// The global capture object var capture = navigator.device.capture;
- supportedAudioModes: The audio recording formats supported by the device. (ConfigurationData)
- supportedImageModes: The recording image sizes and formats supported by the device. (ConfigurationData)
- supportedVideoModes: The recording video resolutions and formats supported by the device. (ConfigurationData)
- capture.captureAudio: Launch the device audio recording application for recording audio clip(s).
- capture.captureImage: Launch the device camera application for taking image(s).
- capture.captureVideo: Launch the device video recorder application for recording video(s).
- BlackBerry WebWorks (OS 5.0 and higher)
- Windows Phone 7 ( Mango )