Cordova Android 6.0.0 Released!
24 Oct 2016
We are happy to announce a major release for
Cordova Android 6.0.0 has been released!
Run the following command in your project to save your currently installed plugins into
cordova plugin save
npm install -g cordova cd my_project cordova platform update firstname.lastname@example.org
To add it explicitly:
cordova platform add email@example.com
What's new in Android
This release adds significant functionality, and also introduces a number of breaking changes. Some of the changes to the code base will be of particular interest to third party webview plugin developers.
- Primary bridge is the
EVAL_BRIDGE, which tells the WebView to execute JS directly. This is more stable than the
- Full Support for
Android Nougat (API 24)
Ice Cream Sandwich Supporthas been deprecated. Minimum Supported Android Version is
Jellybean (API 16/ Android 4.1)
- Plugin Installation now CLEANS the build directory, this speeds up gradle build times and allows for CLI develoment to be more predictable
Changes For Third-Party
EVAL_BRIDGEmust be added to the
Curated Changes from the Git Commit Logs, check release notes for a more complete list
- CB-11083: Fix to deal with custom frameworks with their own Gradle configuration
- CB-8722: Move icons from drawable to mipmap
- CB-11964: Call clean after plugin install and mock it in tests
- CB-11935: Does a best-effort attempt to pause any processing that can be paused safely, such as animations and geolocation.
- CB-11640: Changing requirements check to ask for Java 8
- CB-11907: Bumping Gradle to work with Android Studio 2.2 and the Android Gradle Plugin
- CB-11078: Empty string for BackgroundColor preference crashes application This closes #316