We are happy to announce that
Cordova Android 5.0.0 has been released.
With this release, there is now support for Android Marshmallow permission checking in plugins. Due to the nature of the recent Android changes, the major version has been incremented to reflect the new API changes. Only plugins that use certain permissions as defined by Google are affected by this change. The following core plugins needed to be updated:
We are in the process of releasing these plugins to npm. If you decide to update to
firstname.lastname@example.org before we release the plugins, please install these updated plugins via
git for now.
cordova plugin add https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera.git
Information on how to use the new Android Permission APIs can be found in the Cordova documentation, which can be found here.
npm install -g cordova
cordova platform update email@example.com
To add it explicitly:
cordova platform add firstname.lastname@example.org
What's new in Android platform
- CB-9909 Shouldn't escape spaces in paths on Windows.
- CB-9870 updated hello world template
- CB-9880 Fixes platform update failure when upgrading from
- CB-9844 Remove old
.javaafter renaming activity
- CB-9800 Fixing contribute link.
- CB-9782 Check in
- CB-9835 Downgrade
properties-parserto prevent failures in Node <
- CB-9782 Implements PlatformApi contract for Android platform.
- CB-9826 Fixed
test-buildscript on windows.
- Refactor of the Cordova Plugin/Permissions API
- Bump up to API level 23
- Commiting code to handle permissions, and the special case of the Geolocation Plugin
cordova-androidno longer builds on Node 0.10 or below
Cordova CLIrun for Android versions
4.1.1and lower throws error
- CB-9557 Fixes apk install failure when switching from debug to release build
- CB-9496 removed permissions added for crosswalk
- CB-9402 Allow to set gradle
- CB-9428 update script now bumps up
14if it is less than that.
- CB-9430 Fixes
javacreturns an extra line
- CB-9172 Improved emulator deploy stability.
- CB-9404 Fixed an exception when path contained
- CB-8320 Setting up gradle so we can use
CordovaLibas a standard Android Library
- CB-9185 Fixed an issue when unsigned apks couldn't be found.
- CB-9397 Fixes minor issues with
cordova requirements android
- CB-9389 Fixes build/check_reqs hang