The Apache Cordova team has just released Cordova 3.2.0. Woo Hoo! This release has various bug fixes and enhancements for all of the platforms.
To upgrade to a 3.2 project (replace
android with the platform you want to update):
npm install -g cordova cd my_project cordova platform update android
For non-CLI projects or for pre-3.0 projects, refer to the upgrade guides.
We are in the process of fixing Android 4.4 (KitKat) related bugs. If you want to develop for KitKat, please read our KitKat blog post.
Please report any bugs on our issue tracker.
What's new in Android
- CB-5301 add missing license headers
- CB-5349: fixed regression in update script
- CB-5193 Fix Android WebSQL sometime throwing SECURITY_ERR.
- CB-5191 Deprecate url-filter
- CB-4872 - moved version script to promise model
- CB-4872 - make sure to copy over version scripts to project
- CB-4872 - added android version scripts
- CB-5117: Output confirmation message if check_reqs passes.
- Refactoring Android project-level and platform scripts to use Q.js
- Updating to latest shelljs, old version doesn't preserve +x bits
- Remove cordova.xml fallback from Config.java (it was removed from PluginManager for 3.0)
- CB-5080 Find resources in a way that works with aapt's --rename-manifest-package
- CB-4961: shell.js returns the full path on ls, rebuilding the full path isn't really needed
- CB-4892 Fix create script only escaping the first space instead of all spaces.
- Fix update script to clobber cordova.js file (missing -f)
- Add missing copyright header for Whitelist.java.
What's new in iOS
- CB-5124 - Remove splashscreen config.xml values from iOS Configuration Docs, move to plugin docs
- CB-5229 - cordova/emulate important improvements (stderr, check ios-sim before build)
- CB-5058 - CordovaLib xcode project gets assigned problematic Build Active Architecture Only settings.
- CB-5217 - cordova emulate ios doesn't exit
- CB-4805 - Update cordova/run and cordova/lib/install-device to use latest ios-deploy for iOS 7
- CB-5103 - Fix cordova/run: --emulate should be --emulator (fix CLI usage)
- CB-4872 - added iOS sdk version scripts
- CB-5099 - Add missing icons especially iOS 7 120x120 icon to default template
- CB-5037 - Fix bridge sometimes not resetting properly during page transitions
- CB-4990 - Can't run emulator from cordova cli
- CB-4978 - iOS - Remove HideKeyboardFormAccessoryBar and KeyboardShrinksView preferences in config.xml
- CB-4935 - iOS - Remove Keyboard preferences code into its own plugin
- Make CDVWebViewDelegate able to load pages after a failed load.
- Prevented automatic logging of whitelist failures.
What's new in Windows Phone 7 & 8
- CB-5418 BrowserMouseHelper fails on WP8 for WP7 apps
- CB-5437 Inconsistent default new project names for wp7 and wp8 visual studio templates
- Fixes the invalid pattern used to test msbuild availability
- CB-5076 String.Format issue causing exception in exception handler
- Update regex to handle international version strings
- CB-4872 changed version script file location to right spot and modified sdk version output
- CB-4872 - added os version and edition check
- CB-4872: Added wp7 and wp8 sdk version
- CB-3621 backbutton events can now throw an exception
- CB-4850 only write device guid if it does not exist
- added case-insensitivity to check_reqs for wp8, just like @albanf did for wp7
- Version check regexps should be case insensitive
- pulled in and re-jiggered templates
- removed risky regex template version number replacement, and added XMLDOM versions
What's new in Windows 8
- CB-5024 Localized output of msbuild -v was not properly parsed.
What's new in BlackBerry 10
- CB-5433 init.bat use %USERPROFILE% on Windows
- Fix unit tests
- CB-5317 Move signing warn logic to build/run scripts
- CB-5258 use exit library for process.exit
- CB-5159 Add headers to files caught by Apache RAT
- CB-4531 bin/check_reqs scripts exit with code 2 on error
- CB-5246 cordova/run disambiguate no target exists message
- CB-5250 bb init script calls dirname with unquoted variables
- CB-5266 update create.js to copy all shell scripts regardless of host platform
- CB-5254 log useful error info to std err
- CB-5237 Implemented config-file support in config.xml to inject custom xml into the bar-descriptor.
- CB-4403 Combined check_reqs and init to allow prerequisite check before each script
- CB-4570 Removing unnecessary content check for config since index.html is in the default
- CB-5135 Mark scripts as requiring Bash instead of using a random system shell
- CB-5182 Adding generic error case to run script
- Auto-detect started simulator on Linux
- CB-4767 Remove license from platform config.xml
- CB-4340 Auto-detect target pin when its not there
- CB-4768 Remove access_shared from default config.xml
- CB-4931 Updated signing process to allow passthrough of args
- CB-4531 changed error codes in line with spec for helper scripts
- CB-4780 update script with windows support
- CB-4780 update script for cli platform update command
- CB-5139 - fix to able call bb10 version script from anywhere
- CB-4872 - added bb10 ndk version scripts
- Adding a missing null check -Rewriting boolean equation for readability
- CB-3015 Moving dependencies to .cordova folder to speed up create time
- CB-3015 Fix syntax issue in definition check in init.bat
- CB-4774 Adding defaults.xml for new prepare flow
- CB-4887 Added support for true/false for hidekeyboardformaccessorybar
- CB-2980 Added the install-emulator script
- CB-2988 Added the install-device script
- CB-4913 Updates warnings to check for BBID token
- CB-4901 Removed custom modified wrench + wrench bump to 1.4.4
- CB-4345 Added warning message for when signing keys are not installed
What's new in FirefoxOS
- CB-5234: fixed FxOS update script
- CB-5234: added update scripts for FxOS
- added values to defaults.xml
- CB-5051: moved defaults.xml to cordova folder
What's new in Cordova-CLI
- add the output of the plugman results to the console
- CB-5363 Improve config_json error reporting
- CB-5364 config_parser - check for null element text
- Fix issue not finding platform script when in subdir - check platforms which have subdir
- CB-5377 serve: should only indicate listening when it is
- CB-5368 Cordova serve deflate content breaks IE
- Change cordova serve's project.json to include etags.
- CB-5280 Update serve's help text to remove platform arguments
- CB-5364 config_parser - handle duplicates with children and text when merging
- CB-4400: cd to project root in most cordova commands.
- CB-5063: Revert to copying cordova.js before user www dir
- fix 3 failing tests for windows8 and wp8 and add assertions for wp7 too.
- Adding instructions for installing on master.
- CB-5063: Keep cordova.js in platform_www to avoid copying it from lib.
- CB-5307: Remove references to Callback and Incubator
- tests were failing attempting to match lib/dir and lib\dir on windows
- CB-5183 WP7/8 lib path is not correctly resolved by CLI (additional changes)
- CB-5283 Improved cordova serve message to be more descriptive
- CB-4866 Execute hooks in ascending order of any leading numbers
- CB-5143 Locate the actual Android app .java file much more carefully.
- Cleaning up wp7+8 parsers' use of promises. Fix tests.
- serve: Fix doRoot() not being called & remove duplicated table.
- serve: provide basic entry point
- Wait for the pre_package event to finish, or the update_csproj function might give unexpected results
- Add pre_package event to wp8 project
- readability + code quality in wp7+8 parsers
- CB-5183 WP7/8 custom_path is not correctly resolved by CLI
- CB-4994 Update xcode dependency to handle Xcode 5 capabilities.
Plugin versions tested with this release
- cordova-plugin-battery-status: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-camera: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-console: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-contacts: 0.2.5
- cordova-plugin-device: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-device-motion: 0.2.3
- cordova-plugin-device-orientation: 0.3.2
- cordova-plugin-dialogs: 0.2.3
- cordova-plugin-file: 0.2.5
- cordova-plugin-file-transfer: 0.3.4
- cordova-plugin-geolocation: 0.3.3
- cordova-plugin-globalization: 0.2.3
- cordova-plugin-inappbrowser: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-media: 0.2.5
- cordova-plugin-media-capture: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-network-information: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-splashscreen: 0.2.4
- cordova-plugin-vibration: 0.3.4
For a full list of changes, refer to RELEASENOTES.md file included in the download.