- Getting Started Guides
- Command-Line Usage
- Privacy Guide
- Upgrading Guides
- Project Settings
- Plugin Development Guide
- Domain Whitelist Guide
- Embedding WebView
Getting Started with Symbian
This guide describes how to set up your development environment for Cordova and run a sample application. Note that Cordova used to be called PhoneGap, so some of the sites still use the old PhoneGap name.
- Windows, OS X, or Linux
Install SDK + Cordova
- Download and install cygwin (Windows only). Make sure you select "make" as it is not included by default
- Download the latest copy of Cordova and extract its contents. We will be working with the Android directory.
Setup New Project
- In cygwin, navigate to where you extracted Cordova and go into the Symbian directory</li>
- Open up index.html located in phonegap/symbian/framework/www with your favourite editor.
- In the
bodytag, remove the line
"Build your phonegap app here! Dude!"and add the line
- In cygwin/terminal, type make. This will produce phonegap-symbian.wrt/app.wgz.
5A. Deploy to Simulator
- For Windows you can download the S60 SDK which includes the S60 Emulator
- Load the phonegap-symbian.wrt/app.wgz file into the emulator.
5B. Deploy to Device
- Load the phonegap-symbian.wrt/app.wgz file into the device using bluetooth or email.
You can also checkout more detailed version of this guide here.