We are happy to announce that
Cordova Windows 4.4.0 has been released!
This release adds some significant improvements, such as increased 'prepare' performance due to new 'incremental prepare' feature, embedded splashscreen plugin support and others. See below for full list of changes.
The next Cordova CLI version will automatically start using this version of Cordova-Windows when creating new projects.
npm install -g cordova cd my_project cordova platform update firstname.lastname@example.org
To add it explicitly:
cordova platform add email@example.com
What's new in Windows platform
- CB-11117 Optimize prepare for windows platform, clean prepared files
- CB-11259 Improving build output
- CB-11204 Catch when SDK not present on build and give appropriate error message
- CB-11156 Change default FadeSplashScreenDuration value
- CB-11176 Fix windows-splashscreen compatibility with older plugin versions
- CB-11139 Use PluginManager from common to install/uninstall plugins
- CB-10653 Making the windows activation context complete
- CB-11150 CI Error - Windows Platform - Could not find XHR config file
- CB-8056 Implement splashscreen for Windows platform
- CB-11066 Remove uap prefixed capabilities along with regular ones
- CB-11022 Duplicate www files on plugin installation
- CB-10964 Handle build.json file starting with a BOM. This closes #166
- CB-11024: Add preference to set the min UAP target version in the JSProj File