We are happy to announce that
Cordova iOS 3.9.2 has been released and will be the default iOS version.
This release addresses multiple iOS 9/9.1 and XCode 7/7.1 issues. It also deprecates a number of APIs, which will be removed in
Cordova iOS 4.0.0. For a full list of API changes see API changes in 4.0.md
npm install -g cordova cd my_project cordova platform update firstname.lastname@example.org
To add it explicitly:
cordova platform add email@example.com --save
For non-CLI projects or for pre-3.0 projects, refer to the upgrade guides.
Warning: Some people are seeing the following error when adding the new platform:
CordovaError: Failed to fetch platform ios@~3.9.1 Probably this is either a connection problem, or platform spec is incorrect. Check your connection and platform name/version/URL. Error: version not found: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see this, you will need to clear your cache. Run the following command to do so.
rm -rf ~/.cordova
Please report any issues at issues.cordova.io.
What's new in iOS platform
- CB-9690 Can't submit iPad apps to the App Store for iOS 9
- CB-9679 Resource rules issue with iOS 9
- CB-9656 Xcode can't find CDVViewController.h when archiving in Xcode 7.1 beta
- CB-9721 Set ENABLE_BITCODE to NO in build.xcconfig
- CB-9610 Fix warning in cordova-ios under Xcode 7
cordova run ios --emulator --target "iPhone-5, 7.1"(target with runtime) does not work
- Adds deprecation warnings for upcoming 4.0.0 release