Today we are doing a plugin release in preparation for Apache Cordova 3.1.0, which is scheduled to be released later this week.
The main change for this release is removing ‘core’ from the plugin ID fields. This was done to make installing plugins simpler in 3.1.0. We are switching over to using plugin IDs and our plugin registry for plugin installation instead of directly installing from the plugin git urls.
These plugins are compatible with Cordova 3.0.0. Feel free to upgrade your current plugins if you can’t wait for 3.1.0 next week. Keep in mind that after you install these updated plugins, if you decide to remove these plugins from your project, you will have to reference the new IDs instead of the old ones that our docs show.
E.g. To update your camera plugin:
cordova plugin rm org.apache.cordova.core.camera cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.camera
Other Notable Changes:
- Firefox OS support for Vibration and Device plugins
- Windows 8 support for multiple plugins
- Fixed warnings that arose with XCode 5
- CB-4847 iOS 7 microphone access requires user permission (media plugin)
- CB-4799 Fix incorrect JS references within native code for iOS & Android (media plugin)
- CB-4806 Update splashscreen image bounds for iOS 7 (splashscreen plugin)
- CB-4593 Added vibration support for BB10 (vibration plugin)
You can check out the individual release notes in each of the plugin repos for more details.